Sunday 10 January 2021

SWEDISH BARREL KNIFE AND MY OLD SCOUT KNIFE

During the current lockdown I was having a rummage about the house and found these two knives tucked away in a box. 
Having started to clean them up I checked out the markings on the Swedish Barrel knife and found that it had been made by John Engstrom and dated 1874, although he did manufacture into the early 1900's.  It would appear that these little knives are quite collectable, not that I have any intention of selling it at the moment .

This knife, which I had attached to my Scout belt and had always thought as being from the Scout shop, turns out to be an ex army issue but dated 1949.  These knives were produced in their thousands, in Britain,  but appear to have been sold to different countries throughout the World. I have another, with different markings,  but have also seen one which was issued to the Italian Navy,   currently worth around £70. 



 

No comments: