Wednesday 1 July 2009

Training; Teams; Tramworks and Tennis











Managed to lose a day, but then again I was a bit busy.
Tuesday, up sharp again and off to the Mercat Bar for an open - first big treat was the arrival of the new vacuum cleaner, an industrial back pack type, which had our illustrious duo of RGB and Sir Christopher giving their impression of "Ghostbusters". Hopefully the cleaners will appreciate the new toy.
Fairly busy morning and lunch and then home to do a couple of hours work, but after that I dozed off in the chair and nearly missed the bus back into town - fortunately the MacEwans 101 was running a little late so i made it back into The Mercat by 6 p.m. for the staff training session. It was a good evening session and I eventually ended up as a mentor for Team 2 while Paddy was given Team 1. A few new faces for everyone to meet and Katie had made up a list of awards for them all after we had finished, that was a laugh.
Home, eventually, a roasting hot night, so like most of the UK we suffered and had a restless night.
Up early again, but for a so called day off - few odd jobs and then took myself for a swim before going to the dentist. Came back from the pool and the heavens opened, soaking the washing, and me right through so it was a quick change. Down for my session with Sharon the hygienist who I now call Cruella 2 - I am not happy with dentists at the best of time - however the dentist was happy and decided not to drill my head this time!! Just took photos of my teeth.
Penicuik Town Centre is still undergoing a so called revamp, but it now looks as bad as the tramworks in Edinburgh, and you can guarantee that the shops are also losing money as folks avoid the chaos.
I see there was a fatality yesterday in the car park of Sainsbury's, Straiton, yesterday when a young mother was knocked down by a driver trying to get parked - her small child was uninjured.
Back to watch the tennis again, Andy Murray struggled a bit in his first set, however he seemed to change up a couple of gears and sped through the next two sets to get his place in the semi finals on Friday. His brother Jamie did well by winning his doubles match - he had the support of mother today.
My local Councillor, Russell Imrie, was good as gold, gave me a call back and will do a wee bit of chasing up for me - thank goodness someone in the local authority has a sense of responsibility.
It was my day for Scout connections ( following the Centenary Celebrations) meeting up with Alistair Sturgeon ; Mrs Corbett; Mrs Grant; Mrs Stewart; Mrs Russell and Andrew Hogg.
Sparky Mark has appeared with ribs and beer, so time to halt, then it will be my Hi Ho Silver impression of "Up Up and Away" at the crack of dawn for Glasgow and Runcorn.

No comments: