Monday 20 December 2010

Might be the last post - for 2010

Sitting here, now with an understanding of how the condemned men must feel !! - bit melodramatic, however, with my impending visit to the hospital tomorrow and a few days in recovery - not really something I want to deal with at this time of the year.

But it could be worse, I might be sitting at Heathrow waiting to head off to the sun, or somewhere nice for the festive break - or just enjoying folks company here in the Mercat on X-mas day.

Some sad news today, having met Dawn Hamid, wife of Michael, I learned that an old friend, my former Scout District Commissioner, Frank Lindsay had died at his home in Wales a couple of weeks ago, this news, along with the death of my neighbour, Stuart Robertson two days ago makes for a less than happy week for families and friends.

I see that our security services have hopefully made a number of successful arrests in their constant and ongoing fight against terrorism in this country. It is a dammed disgrace that these people, in some cases British Citizens are so hell bent on bringing this country to its knees and turning it into the third world states they seem to wish to be part of. From the media, it appears that people are quite rightly getting fed up with a Government which is ruled from Brussels and held to ransom by greedy lawyers who are using the European Bill of Human Rights to the benefit of their clients, many who are criminals - and to the general detriment of honest law abiding people. It is time we stopped messing about, put proper controls on entry to the UK, and any person who does not wish to adhere to the laws of this land should be shipped out to their homeland - perhaps I should not say these things being a moderate - but if I and many like me are thinking like this, just consider how the radicals are thinking.

So much for the spirit of X-mas !!! I would most dearly love for "Peace on Earth", but from the looks of things there is a minority whose hope is for anything but that.

Till the next blog.