Monday 13 December 2010

Santa is on the horizon - only 11 sleeps to go

Monday night and time just flies by - my five Santa's turned up at the Bar yesterday for lunch having taken part along with several hundred others in the annual Santa Run in Princes Street Gardens - not a long run, but fun . Two were from Oz, one kiwi, one Italian and one Scot ( who was marrying the lad from Oz.

However, I am not totally with it and having taken to bed early for the past two nights I actually missed the results of the x-factor both nights ( sad person I am ) although last night I did hear in the background both Mat and Rebecca singing their possible winning song - Matt's version - did not like, but than I have not been his best fan, Rebecca's was better, however I would buy neither. I suspect that Rebecca will do well despite being runner up.
Did manage to see the Strictly Come Dancing show and quite happy with the three finalists for next weekend's show.

Just had (at 8 p.m.) another cold call from someone sounding like Eddles and Evans , doing the usual prize draw thingy , which part of the house do you want to do up - and he got my details from the B T database - chased him, but I should have wasted his time instead.

Tomorrow I have a lunch with the SESLTA, (South East of Scotland Licensed Trade assoc) at the Mercat - Gentleman's dinner which might be fun , I am guessing that me might have a surprise appearance by Kiera Murphy, and if things go true to form there could be a karaoke to finish the day !!! Archie the Pole dancer will be there with friends for his session of "wetting the babies head". Hospital after that will be a relief.

Wednesday off to sunny Brummy via Glasgow for the night and hopefully make it back on Thursday before the snow arrives.
Friday - GM Pest Control and friends arrive for lunch with us at the Mercat Bar (full house) will be good to see the brothers Mackay together under one roof as I have not seen David for ages ( he will hopefully make it south from the frozen wastelands of the north).

Lost my free parking space at Roseburn today, went to get the car and found the site being fenced in and the "owners" ??? clearing the snow - all set to start charging £7 a day for the privilege. Not as expensive as our relatives of Dick Turpin who run the NCP car park at Morrison Street where the charges are up once again. No attempt so far to clear the snow in the park and the floodlights have now been out of action for over a year - so much for a "Safe and Secure car Park".

No comments: