Monday 19 September 2011

Danish Police Visit Lothians I.P.A.

Sunday night I attended a function in the Police Club, York Place, Edinburgh, hosted by the Lothians Branch of the I.P.A. ( International Police Association). Our guests were a group of twenty five Danish Police Officers, and an officer from Romania, who were visiting the City for four days. This Group have been doing these annual "trips" all over Europe for the past thirteen years where they make contact with local officers through the worldwide network of the I.P.A.
During the course of the evening there was the usual exchange of gifts, with the Danish handing over Police caps and some beautiful personalised IPA badges to Glen Brown, our President and Rod McNeill, who had assisted with this visit.
There were a number of local members present, and also Tom Crozier the National President, who witnessed the presentation of "Loyalty Awards" to members with more than twenty years membership. I received mine, despite the fact that I have been a member since 1967, but there were others present who had been in the organisation longer than me. However, the gesture was much appreciated and I am sure that the Executive might well get round to producing awards to the longer serving members in due course.

No comments: