Saturday 12 July 2014

A walk in the high park.

Home after my trip to the shops,  but I did stop for a super bowl of mussels in white wine at the Mercat Grill, excellent - and for me a change from my usual choices.

Changed and out for a walk, before the rain came on -  same route as yesterday, into the Penicuik Estate, and over the hidden bridge

Had a quick look into the Lost Garden but was out for a walk, not a "gander",

In the days of Baby Blaikie, on the Tv you had the choice of windows on children's TV, square, round, etc,  but for me it was a gate and in the distance, a sight well worth restoring which must have been amazing years ago,

.  Next time I should be into the garden for a closer look.
Many moons ago when Penicuik House was occupied by Sir john and lady Elizabeth Clerk, there was literally unlimited access to the esate , roads and paths, however, the current occupant, Robert Clerk, has imposed a few restrictions which do give his family a bit of privacy,  so my only views of teh new Penicuik House were somewhat limited.

Nice wak, nice day,  but I am having a serious look at using walking poles and having a bash at Nordik walking - much more effort need
ed but more beneficial.

No comments: