Friday 11 July 2014

The Wonders of nature.

What a superb day today,  with weather like this who needs to travel,  |BUT, with rain forecast tomorrow we will be back to normal.

Just thinking that nature is wonderfull,  these flowers are in my front garden, and change inappearance depending on the weather, so here are today's changes.




This evening headed off for a walk to maintain my diary, so huffed and puffed up the hill and on a whim decided to take a walk into Penicuik Estate, but being adventurous took a side track through the field. Now, having lived here for forty odd years and within a mile of the place I found a bridge over the glen which I had no idea existed.  Wrought iron decorated railings and there were two plaques in memory of locals who appear to have died in the area.  A short distance away I found "Penicuik's Lost Garden"  which I always thought to be in another part of the estate.    There is a community group who have taken on the Lost Garden as a long term project, it must have been an incredible place pre war when it was in its haeyday.  Gives me an excuse to walk back up there again.

No comments: