Friday 23 January 2015

Bit change of tune today - now a fine day for the ducks !!

BUT  despite this (or to be fair and honest when I was at the Grill first thing the weather was nice, got home and changed) I headed off on my trusty Steed of Steel but the first gantry I saw on the A720 and then the M8 bore warnings of high winds and heavy rain.   Never the less the Steed was like a Duck to water, nae bother at all, apart from the numerous sideways blast which must have caused a few comments from the drivers I was passing as I was sitting at 45 degrees !!!! (not heat but sidyways) and had my old ticker beating a bit faster.

Visited Dougz for a blether and a wee run into Glasgow town, where we visited the ONLY model railway shop in the town,  tiny compared to similar shops in Edinburgh -  might just have rekindled a wee flicker,  need to get a transformer and se if our wee trains still run -  but compared to the new digital trains with sound effects, lights etc, mine are antique.

I see the  next batch of claimants are being lined up to sue Edinburgh City Council,  sixty cyclists who have suffered injuries apparently caused by the tram tracks,  I am sure the lawyers, Thompsons, feel they are on a sure thing here with a potential £500k up for grabs.   If it is the same lawyers as I have had dealings with in the past, do not hold your breath.   Annoying thing is that the Council's lawyers are no better.   
Cyclists -  no lights, dark clothing, ignore traffic lights, ride on pavements, etc - the motorist is always at fault -  now the trams appear to be a potential money spinner  -  if I was riding a bike and knew the tram lines were there what care would I take ?     Might be worth seeing how many claims were made by riders of "Penny Farthings"  against the original tram companies,   who had forty seven miles of track around the city.

Andy Murray, up and running in the Australian Open - wait and see.

Glasgow Rangers FC about to lose their interim manager - wait and see.

Not wishing to be political,   but I do remember Alex Salmond telling us how much money the North Sea oil  was going to be worth to the Scotland -  bit of a glitch at the moment methinks . If we had gone down the YES road I think there would have been a bit of serious head scratching going on. Perhaps "up s**t creek without a paddle" would be an appropriate comment.

Never mind, a few weeks time it will be back to the "Holiday Village Coral Sea Resort" for a bit of R & R.

No comments: