Thursday 2 April 2015

All this walking must be good for me- so much for no wheels.

You do not appreciate how useful the car is until you cannot use it,  currently away for a service and MOT so Mrs B is using the bus and I am walking up and down the street complete with back pack,  not very good for lots of messages from the shops but better for my health.   Lesson learned with this car,  being a motobility vehicle it had never been driven in anger, so to speak, end result, engine was all gunged up -  modern cars are meant to be driven.  Which begs the question, how much damage will be done to cars driving at 20mph to stick to Edinburgh's new speed limits.

Just dawned on me, Edinburgh City Council are pushing to increase the numbers of cyclists in the town, they had better put even more money aside to pay compensation for damages and injuries due to the tram tracks.    The Smart car suffers badly from potholes in the roads which are constantly popping the headlight bulbs, and even burst two front springs.

Not quite in the same walking  league as Sparky Mark who has since reached the high passes on his Himalayan trek and is now heading back "downhill" again - so far so good.

Spent yet another night in the chair, but this time I read till 5.45 a.m. before going back to bed - main reason being that I could not put down the book I was reading so kept going till I finished it !!  That was book two of Peter Ritchie's  Den Herber trilogy,   Shortest Day of the Year; The Red Sky in the Morning:  and tonight I start "Noble Cause".  Peter Ritchie was in the CID when I was at Dalkeith (long time ago) and has worked in some very interesting Departments since then and his books reflect on his experiences.

I see Andy Murray has now got 501 wins under his belt,   long way to go to catch up with Jimmy Conners.

No comments: