Thursday 30 April 2015

Brilliant arrest of the sea going tug with £500 million worth of cocaine

Just a pity they never sank it sea with all hands and saved the taxpayer the cost of a trial and the incarceration of the foreign national who were arrested, unless of course they allege "that a big boy did it and ran away", a highly feasible excuse which will be accepted as a plea in mitigation. 

Took myself off on the "Time Machine" and made for Duns to see Andrew Mimms at Border Bikes, coffee, blether and then headed back over the moors to Gifford, Pencaitland, Gorebridge and home. Of course it was a stunning run over the moors with a magnificent view over the Firth of Forth and the Bass Rock was standing out in the sunlight.    Of course, too good to be true,  by the time I got to Vogrie the heavens opened and there was a white out with heavy hail stones - a typical Spring day, and a reminder never to "cast a clout till May is out".

This evening I had a night out with Hazel (my stick), thanks John,  took myself out for a walk and ended up in the middle of woods, no paths, through bogs, a bit worrying despite the fact that I had a pretty good idea where I was.  Just about dark time when I made it home, wet and tired.   Another day older and now a bit wiser.

No comments: