Wednesday 1 April 2015

Fair puggled now, after a walk to check out Tesco.

Nice wake up call from Mr Bolton in   Yorkshire,  checking up on me and to give the low down on his new bike, a BMW 1200RT,  very nice and a step up from his Honda Deauville, about the same jump as I am taking. (just a pity I am dehorsed for a few weeks)  but I am sure the exercise will do me good, although too much fresh air might kill me !!!

With back pack I set off, singing "Step we Gaily, here we go""  I set off for Tesco's to make a few purchases,  could have got the new 15 bus service which has just started running past the house,  but the walk, mainly downhill was good for me.
Tesco was very quiet, and I just wonder how many people are boycotting it after the incident down south recently where a Tesco manager refused to serve soldiers in uniform in case it upset is Muslim customers !!  And with Glencorse Barracks nearby here, I would not be surprised if they take their business elsewhere.
Young lady collapsed and was out cold at one of the check outs ( Tesco prices maybe !!!)  and all were awaiting an ambulance.

Front page article in this weeks Midlothian Advertisor  about demands by Midlothian Council Officials for a public enquiry into the handling of the miners strike here all those years ago since the papers were released under the thirty year rule.   I would suspect that the only people who can really remember what happened and when are those who were stirring it all up at the time and who were involved in the politics of the whole thing.    Having said that, one of the incidents etched firmly in the back of my mind was watching miners pickets peeing into plastic bottles which were then thrown into the Police lines. Being a local polis and very much involved with the colliery I knew two of them who were involved with the Union and who later became very involved in local and national politics. No idea if Midlothian intend to call for a public enquiry, where will they get the money for that when they cannot even afford to run a proper recycling service?

No wonder they call me "Victor".

No comments: