Tuesday 21 April 2015

Come back MFI , even IKEA, all is forgiven.

I thought their flat pack systems were bad, especially MFI who were always guaranteed to have at least one piece missing,  We have bought a self build lean to greenhouse for the Mercat Grill, to have a go at growing some of our own herbs, etc.,   Had a quick look at the instructions which I thought said that it would only take thirty minutes to build,  NO  it said it would take at least thirty minutes !!!   so FIVE hours later and it is only half built, good job the sun was shining and I had a radio to keep my mind occupied.   Returning tomorrow for the next phase, unless someone has pinched it overnight.

Home to the garden for a wee sit in this Indian summer weather, then another few laps of the park trying my walking poles,  not easy, and at this early stage causes a few aching muscles.

BUT, treat tonight, got all togged up and took the "Time Machine" out for my first real run on it,  only thirty miles, but it certainly a lot different to the Steed of steel, which is still in dry dock as Andy Mimms tries to resolve what now appears to be an electrical problem.  Had a run out through West Linton, along to the A701, then back roads to Eddlestone and then up and over by Portmore and the lime kilns - just to get the feel of it, gears, clutch, brakes, etc.  NICE.    I think I know how I will be getting about tomorrow, and it will  not be in the car.

Looks like the Grill will be busy this weekend, that is a group of twenty eight just booked in late Saturday afternoon, going to visit Rosslyn Chapel first, then down to join in the fun with the doggie folks.

No comments: