Monday 2 May 2016

I think that these Bank Holiday weekends should be kept a secret.

Then it might not rain!!!!   Not that I do not like rain, saves us from having hose pipe bans, helps water God's little plants, and gives the ducks somewhere to practice their paddling !!  But - give us a break, at this rate it will soon be winter again. Just finished on Friday with a real flurry,  snow here , five inches in Innerleithen and even some in London.
Just spoken to Mr J. from Chobham, where the village fair takes place today, so at least it is not raining there at the moment.
Talk of the devil,  there he is with his good lady on the "Time Machine" when they visited us last year,  Mrs J., has exchanged helmets these days as she has taken up with a group of wild "horsey" ladies in her village. Not sure what they get up to in their barn, but I do know that they were recently involved in rescuing some abandoned horses and foals - well done ladies.

Not being "fair weather" bikers, the Time Machine will be on the road shortly as RGB is heading out to the Grill, however in view of my current ongoing situation I will give it a miss today and wait for a dry day to try out my bike legs.   I have already suggested elsewhere that it might be appropriate to get High Viz life jackets and waders for use on the bikes if it does not stop "peeing down" soon.







No comments: