Tuesday 21 June 2011

There is only so much to do when it rains !!

So here we are, Tuesday night, should be bowling but I fear that were it not for the excellent drainage it would be under water.
I heard today that we are to start selling water to the English, perhaps if we punt up the price, they would be better off buying our whiskey.
Had a fairly active weekend zooming about between the Dolphin Inn and The Mercat Bar in the wee "Smart car" to cut down the petrol costs and my "carbon footprint".
But yesterday, although it looks like the office party, I was at a wine appreciation course through in Livingston for the day - for me a bit different to look, smell and then taste , when normally I would price my wine at Under £5, (a screw top of course), and only have a look at what it was half way through the bottle. It was a very interesting course on food and wine appreciation - instructive, and a nice change for me.
One of my pet hates is fly tipping and I was really annoyed to see this massive pile of tyres dumped in Lowries Den a couple of days ago. When you consider that drivers are charged £5 by the garage for the disposal of used tyres, looks like some local garage has paid someone tom get rid of this lot and they just dumped them and ran with the pennies.
I see an item in the paper about Midlothian Council wanting to encourage more recycling to cut down on the rubbish going to the landfill, but I think they will have to put a lot more effort into it.

No comments: