Monday 10 October 2011

Harley Davidson's and the Widows Sons

Appearances can be and are often deceptive - as many discovered yesterday at the charity football match. A large number of motorcyclists appeared, mainly riding Harley Davidson motor bikes, and all in their leathers, patches and all. The "Widow's Sons" - is the title they use when out as a group, all very active Freemason's and all involved in various fundraising activities around the United Kingdom.
They were kept busy running up and round the block with passengers who all popped a couple of bob in the charity box.
My surprise of the day was discovering that the owner of one the bikes I was photographing was a former colleague from my days in the search teams - and a total transformation from the close cropped clean shaven "young" lad I used to know!!! now happy, retired and the proud owner of mega smart "hog".


I look forward to seeing them down at the Dolphin Inn in the future.







No comments: