Sunday 2 October 2011

Mr and Mrs Douglas (Shuggie and Pippa) MacInnes

A really hectic day yesterday, and I did make it on the "steed of steel" down to the tiny picturesque church in Bedrule, by St Boswells. ( just a bit near the edge of the world).
Arrived a few minutes before Philippa in her vintage car and in time to see Douglas (Shuggie) head into the church.
The service was very nice, and as I was still in motorcycle kit, I sat up in the balcony, and then took further snaps outside.
Lovely to see the new Mr and Mrs MacInnes with their friends, just unfortunate that we were not able to accept the invitation to the reception which was taking place in the Dryburgh Abbey Hotel.







After the service I had a look around the church and there is a plaque commemorating William Turnbull, of Bedrule, the Bishop of Glasgow, who founded Glasgow University in 1451.
Headed home and even took the wrong turning, ending up in Jedburgh, giving me a sixty mile run back to Penicuik.

No comments: