Saturday 8 October 2011

I have eventually come to - dram in hand

Now, is this progress, or is this progress - a few years on, total disruption for the City, losses of £k's of business and costs to the City of £600 + million and where are we - digging up a three quarter mile stretch of tram lines in Princes Street again where nothing other than buses, taxi's and bicycles have traversed the route.
Unfortunately, this was the highlight of my day, totally wasted, 6 a.m. in The Mercat bar, for the rugby, Wales chuffed Ireland, a good game, but England never really looked like beating France - so Wales v France looks good.
Scotland even managed a win this evening - well done, their match against Spain should be fun.
Biggest disappointment being that I was unable to get out of town to attend Andrew Johnston's funeral at Bonnyrigg - but my thoughts were with him.
Been a long, long day and after this mornings abysmal turnout we are not getting out of bed in the morning - long lie for me - and then I might try and make the charity football match at "Nitten" in the afternoon - but then again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

No comments: