Friday 12 October 2012

Still in one piece and with my clothes on.

Contrary to all belief I have not expired,  just so busy that there are not enough hours in the day for me at the moment.

Last week I spotted the "Naked Rambler" as he headed southwards on the A701 at Milton Bridge heading towards Peebles, and I hear he has now crossed the Border into England with no arrests since leaving HM Prison, Edinburgh.  Had he been walking out from Penicuik in his naked state I might have assumed that he had been a victim of yet more of the Tesco daily diddles/ conundrums.  Which of course was fun when one of the young Tesco ladies decided to interview me for an in store survey - she soon learned why it is that I take ages to do my shopping as I try to fathom out what really is the best buy,  but I suppose the same would happen if I were to shop in any of the other big supermarkets, as they all operate to make a profit and the shopper is forever the loser. 
I did end up challenging staff about misleading labelling on the Fairy Liquid display, and he did admit that they did not have the goods for sale !!!  I see that the Fairy product has been toppled from its place as No 1 in the  market,   the company even changed the formula without letting the public know.
We have had some lovely customers at the Dolphin Inn, even a Ruby Wedding anniversary which went brilliantly well, while the Mercat Bar still suffers from the tramworks -  BUT, BUT,  there is a rumour going around that the present works might be completed in five or six weeks ( pigs might fly).

No comments: