Thursday 7 April 2016

Confessions of a geriatric !!!! before someone else "cliped" on me

Well and truly grounded now that Mrs B is home,  I had to admit before she even arrived home at the house that I had taken a tumble down the stairs on Easter Sunday,  doing my impression of "Eddie the Eagle", which was quite appropriate as this was the week the movie was released. Perhaps I was chanting "Bum diddy bum" as I bounced down the stair on my backside, but I know differently !!!  as the air turned several shades of blue and the wallpaper began to peel from the wall.    I suppose it could have been worse if I had taken a header rather than a slide towards the waiting glass front door.
Anyway, eventually sought medical advice, so now have damaged ribs , bruised "botty" and an "awfie" pain in my side, and numerous comments about being a silly old codger  to contend with.  So I just need to keep taking the tablets.

Once again Police Scotland taking a bashing for not responding to a call about a "broken window", which eventually turned out a week later to be the scene of sudden death in Edinburgh.    As one writer correctly pointed out that if the Police had to attend at the scene of all broken windows officers would never get out of some of the housing estates in the City,  where where the caring neighbours, health visitors, social services, etc.   So much for Care in the Community or even a caring community ~ ostrich syndrome strikes again.
I see that there is a call for a public enquiry into the last so called botch up where the two were found dead after the crash on the Stirling motorway,    however, to date no one has yet said why the car crashed, was it driver error, etc, that should be the first priority.

I remember many years ago watching an episode of "Yes Prime Minister" where the civil servants were battering out a snow storm of media announcements to hide an important piece of information,  and guess what,  our beloved, Ms "selfie" Sturgeon, did likewise to hide the £10 billion trade agreement signed with the inscrutable Chinese.

Thinking back to the "Cold War" and all the rumours about the Soviets and other nations recruiting agents and having so called "sleepers" in high places,  makes you wonder these days when all our major industries are disappearing.  Lord knows what will happen when the money lenders pull the plug on the USA  and Europe .

I think our off shore tax havens will be St Kilda , Isle of May, the Bass Rock, -  it will be interesting to see who up the cudgel to hammer our tax avoiding leaders,  cannot see HMRC being brave enough, they are quite happy persecuting small businesses, rather than tackling the offshore crowd (who claim that they are not breaking the law, just bending the rules they helped write), or the black economy driven by cash in hand tradesmen and immigrant shopkeepers ( just stand at the cash desk at Costco or Bookers).

No comments: