Friday 15 April 2016

William Johnston Corbett, RIP.

Just thought I should comment on the death of William whose funeral service took place yesterday at Seafield Crematorium where it was a full house with many having to stand throughout the service.
He was my wife's cousin and died after a four year struggle with cancer.  Willie was an ardent  Rangers FC fan, an excellent footballer in his youth, very likeable and always full of fun and nonsense.
Going back a long long time,  (early 1970's) when I used to stay overnight at the house in Bonnyrigg, one day I was getting ready to head off for work and discovered that I had no laces in my work boots, Willie had taken them for his own boots !!, however, there was a Sunday when I was playing cards with his Dad and friends  in the Labour Club, not sure whether it was Willie or John (his brother), but one of them arrived and said I was needed urgently in the house.  When I got there I discovered that one of the lads had found my handcuffs and put them on the other, far too tightly, and the circulation was being cut off to the hands, eventually they had no option but to get me and the keys to remove them !!!
Our wishes go to his wife Gloria, and his family, he will be missed very much.

No comments: