Monday 10 August 2009

It could be a long day !!!





I Managed to find the missing picture of the Thames Flood barrage gates, and also this one of the gates leading into Chinatown.

So, at 4 a.m. there I was wide awake, no cramps, just wide awake and contemplating the next couple of days - in other words, worrying myself silly that this Project would not be a success. anyway, having sat and re read notes for the past couple of hours her is not much more I can do apart from cross my fingers and toes.

Lovely evening last night so I headed out for a walkabout, and had a three hour wander around this part of London City, through Covent Garden market where the market was closing down, but there were large crowds enjoying the evening and watching the street entertainers, jugglers, musicians, etc , just he same as is happening at Edinburgh throughout the festival. Up through Leicester Square, past several of the theatres, "Oliver"; "Calender Girls"; "Lion King" ; "Les Miserables": etc and then into Chinatown. This area was jam packed and all the restaurants very busy , so even I ended up having a wee nibble and a bottle of Tiger Beer.
Quite easy to get a bit lost here so it took a bit longer to find my way back to the hotel, which was jam packed in the Foyer, not sure what was on but there were lots of folk all in their finery jammed into the bar.

Decided that after a long day an early bed was needed, as was the fan - as the place is very hot.
So now all I need do is get my breakfast and face the day.

Looks like there are a large number of cricket fans with nothing to do today as the England Team had a shocking couple of days, getting well hammered by the Australians. I WONDER if Sir Christopher has rung Robbo the upside down boy to pass on this bit of news !!! I would doubt it - so now everything is down to the Final Test Match at the Oval - all very nail biting I am sure .

Spoke to Eduardo last night so we are off out this evening - all being well.

No comments: