Friday 28 August 2009

Just about up to date.

Friday, and it seemed like winter was here when we got up, wild and windy and certainly no sun - I reckon that the BBC / ITV should be prosecuted for mental cruelty when they show the sun shining in other parts of the UK, and we , in this tiny Penicuik ecosystem as suffering.

Sleepless night again , not helped by the incessant banging of the water boards manhole cover outside. So it was onto the blower, following up on my neighbours calls and lo and behold, I get a return call to say it will be fixed next week - watch this space.

Took myself off to Bonnyrigg to see Mr Photogenix, who was mega busy , and then mega stressed when I arrived - but I was gentle with him !!!! Which is more than can be said for the dreaded "Cruella" who later on had a good old session with my aching bits - all to do me good apparantly - so the saying no pain - no gain , is allegedly well appropriate. But having said that , it was good - except from she really dug deep !!

Duly despatced to Tesco's for a few essential supplies !! - namely Vodka and Gin , (and a few items of solid food) however, Sommerfield's were £2.50p per bottle cheaper than Tesco. It really is a bit of a racket, you need to have eyes in the back of your head and be prepared to shop around for a bargain and also to get best value for your money these days.

It actually cleared up this afternoon , a bit bluster though, and out butterfly tree was covered in a variety of butterflies so I managed to get a couple of photos - one is certainly a Red Admiral, anyway will add them later.

Still in search of the elusive holidy to Egypt, or Panama , or India, or South Africa, or , or , or , whenevever a certain person stops changing their mind.

Call again to do yet another run to Runcorn next week on Monday, but having forgotton about the "Bank Holiday Weekend" it looks as though Tuesday will be the earliest I can do it , but I will also have my wee add on to Birmingham again - only 707 miles !!!!

So back to the immediate - rushing as usual as someone wants a lift to join her lady friends and carry on the inane chatter of Monday night.

Not heard from the Upside Down Scotty who is still in London , licking his wounds after the defeat of his team last weekend - no doubt he will surface in due course.

But tomorrow - RGB and I are off to see Glasgow Rangers Football Club, play the mighty Hamilton Accies at Ibrox, wee bit hospitality thrown in so it should be a good day, and of course we will rush back to see the next part of the X- Factor!!!

No comments: