Saturday 12 December 2009

Two Cold mornings - where is this global warming

So - after a long run, shattered and an early night, but four hours later wide awake, and raring to go.
6.a.m. outside trying to defrost a car at about -4C, took me ages as the ice was solid and when I headed up Lowries Den the road was like a skating rink, then it was freezing fog as i got into the City

Into town, parked and as I was walking along towards the Bar I loomed out of the fog and bumped in young Dee, our Kiwi chef who was heading to her second job.

Fair to say that the Mercat Bar was "busy", bit of an understatement, I was serving, taking orders, fixing torn wallpaper, and washing dishes ( for 10 hours) (and at my age!!!) BUT everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and the x-mas experience.

Had three calls regarding the bump to the car, from the garage, car hire firm and SAGA insurance services so cannot fault their after care procedures.

PS. still watching X factor - hard to choose, I like Stacy, but think that Joe will get the bigger poll.

So, by the time I got home Friday night I was ever so jiggered, very sore back, probably not helped by the long drive and then a day on my feet. Long soak in a hot bath certainly did wonders.

Lovely wee E mail from Larry and Phil in the USA, two of our former clients at the Mercat.

Sat a.m and guess what, yet another sleepless night before venturing out into a second foggy and freezing morning to head into the bar which was once again busy. However we did have a lot of football supporters in, from both Hearts and Dundee United. All were well behaved, enjoyed their drinks and food and headed off to the match which resulted in a 0 - 0 draw.

Note - Stacey just voted off the X - Factor, shame - she is lovely.

Come 1 p.m./ I headed off to Newbattle to the Knights Templars, Preceptory of St Bernard De Clairveaux.

No comments: