Tuesday 19 April 2011

2nd hand cars - F1 model up for grabs !!!!

Having recently sent the old Ford off to the scrapheap in the sky, I am obviously in the market for a new car, and Mrs. B. is not adverse to putting the foot down now and again. So, when I heard that Bookers had a second hand car in the warehouse it was well worth popping over for a look.



So with a few £ in the pocket, there I was about to make an offer for the Red Bull, F1 car used last year by Sebastian Vettell - what a beautiful piece of machinery, but just a bit over my budget - anyway Mrs B wanted something with a roof on it !!!



This was Booker's promotional event for the month and Richard Hamilton from Red Bull was on site to stop sticky little fingers tampering with the car, and my mate Scott Howie was also keen on it for his daughter.
















I liked the little logo on the nose cone saying "Make Roads Safe" - quite appropriate for F1 drivers who are supposed to be in a non contact motor sport. I saw last week's Grand Prix from Shanghai, China, which was one of the best and most competitive races I have seen for a long time, only a couple of small contacts, and the only car to retire did so because the wheel came off as it had not been changed correctly at a pit stop.




I am sure the folks from the Extreme Carting Centre have been enjoying their visits to Longstone, trying their best on the Simulator to see who can win the four tickets on offer for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone this year.


So , it will be back to the drawing board looking for a car and in the meantime - enjoying the use of the bike for a while longer.



Just reminded myself that today, heading for the Dolphin Inn at Whitecraig, I was targeted by one of Lothian and Borders Police young lady Traffic Officers with her neat little radar gun, just as well I was not in a hurry and enjoying the run in the sun on the bike.



Nice surprise today when I was visited at The Dolphin Inn, by my friend "Big Ian" Robertson, who is now running East Coast FM, the new local community radio staion based at Haddington, East Lothian. The Station is now up and running on the web, and all being well it will be on the "air" in June/ July when the licence is granted. They have a great little web site and you can watch the volunteer D.J.'s in action - they also have a Community TV set up as well and cover local events live - I look forward to a visit to see the set up at Haddington.