Monday 4 April 2011

Three of Edinburgh's Theatres

One again, out on my wanderings I learned something new !!! I knew that the Lyceum Theatre and the Usher Hall were adjacent to each other, but had not realised that the Traverse Theatre was also in the same complex - nearly as bad as the Strand Area of theatre land, London. It was a pity I was walking in the wrong direction otherwise I could have added the Filmhouse, Lothian Road, which is opposite the Usher Hall. The Usher Hall is a beautiful building, restored over the past fifteen or so years and a fabulous auditorium. I can even remember doing one of my search jobs when in the Police and ended up right on top of the copper dome on top of the building. In those days there was a great big hole in the ground, which has now been built up as Saltire Court, an enclave of the legal profession.


No comments: