Saturday 16 April 2011

Opening day of the Bowling Season at Penicuik and elsewhere

Sunny Saturday but really cold compared to last week, however, no one was put off and the openings of many bowling clubs around the country took place today. Unfortunately as I was working I could not take part in the opening ceremonies / games, but I just made it back to the Penicuik Private Bowling Club in time for the last couple of ends. There was a good turn out on the green and the Club even had representatives away to other greens in the area which were being opened for the season. We were down at the Dolphin Inn earlier on in the afternoon and a few of the regulars were away at the opening of the local green at Whitecraig. All being well I will get in a few games this year, even if I am not in any of the knock out tournaments.


No comments: