Wednesday 11 April 2012

Happy but unsmiling bunny

Now very happy as my phones and Internet are now working - arrived home to find a telephone engineer up the pole at the bottom of the garden (where else) however he did explain that the fault was actually a corroded cable underground but he had been able to get me a new "pair" - good man.

Not smiling yet as I had another trip to see my dentist who pulled out another of my troublesome teeth, a bit traumatic, but not as bad as tying a bot string to the tooth, then the door handle and slamming same - but I felt nothing until the jags wore off. Now we have to wait and see whether a third tooth has to go !!! soon be living on bread puddings, soups and saps. Good job we have moved on a bit from the days when you had to pedal the drill that the dentist used !!!, and the rubber mask with the terrible smelling "laughing gas" you were knocked out with, horrible and frightening.

I see Edinburgh Council is on the rack again, spending a fortune on adverts saying that Edinburgh Zoo had been gifted the two panda bears, when in reality the zoo are paying the Chinese about £600,000 a year (rent) to have them here. They have been told by advertising standards agency to withdraw all the adverts.

I really should not be so critical of the Council who might think I am picking on them, but I have an ongoing task which I require assistance from Midlothian Council, and guess what - struggling - being ignored, more important things to do - as I have said many times before, these Local Authorities would never survive if they were to operate as a private concern.

No comments: