Wednesday 4 April 2012

Just one tiny problem after another - but

Home now and wishing very much that I was still back at the Coral Sea Resort, in sunny Sharm el shakey.
Thompson's cattle truck (charter flight) left on time, packed to the gunnels, and as we had our safety lecture they were explaining the "brace position", with heads down and hands behind our heads - no way !!! there was certainly no room for anyone over ten year old to do this. Perhaps it would be a good argument for more leg room apart from anything else.

Chap next to me was a bit bigger than I am so he was already struggling for space to put his tray down, when the bloke in front of him put his seat in the full recline position trapping my neighbour (who said nothing). Well, man in front must have had some kind of behavioural problem, he was worse than a bairn, up and down, fidgeting, pushing his seat back, etc . If I had been sitting behind him there would have been words said - big time.

Relatively good flight home, bit longer than going, but of course it is uphill - and we landed bang on time in Glasgow.
No snow - despite the warnings and we even filled up with petrol (despite the media hue and cry while we were away) and made it home safely.

Tuesday morning - different ball game, blowing a blizzard, a white out - so I refused to get out of bed and just wished I had stayed on in Sharm for another couple of months. A real shame as the daffodils in the garden have all been flattened - I was thinking of the grower up in Perthshire who has acres of flowers and which will all have been destroyed.
However, with lots to do it was up and make the best of it , but next problem - no telephone, although we did have intermittent Broadband, but as the day progressed even it failed and this morning home is without landline of any sort - looks like I need a "dongle" for the UK as a belt and braces for emergencies.
Came home still suffering from toothache- but now have to wait till next week to get it sorted, and then I saw the Nurse at the Health Centre who has given me a new toy to play with - a blood pressure monitor !! Not that I have high blood pressure, but as I suffer from the white coat syndrome which drives it up - I am doing a bit of monitoring for ten days. Good fun - I just sit in the corner quietly letting the machine do its tests - but I need to quieten down the good lady who appears to be the cause of the problem !! And she was not happy when I suggested trying it out on her , around the neck !! ( just joking).

Surprise visit from the Titanium Man , Graham Briggs, who is over from Westchester PA to see his folks at Roslin along with his wife and family, so of course RGB and he ended up doing the rounds looking for his former friends in Penicuik Rugby Club.

So now, Wednesday, woke up again to snow, but not too bad, although there was a crash at Carlops which closed the A702 when a big van skidded and overturned blocking the road. Even more chaos with a serious accident on M8 at J1 adding over an hour onto journey times for folks stuck in the jam.

No comments: