Friday 20 June 2014

Distant memories, or a figment of my imagination.

Was I ever away in Europe, seems like an eternity already, and now , so much happening any memories as so distant to be lost.  Any benefit gained has all but been wiped out, such is life.

Couple of days ago I was talking to my friend Suburu man and discovered that he, his two sons and his cousin had taken four cars and instead of spending a long weekend on a racing track in England had done a ten day tour of Europe "running" a number of the well known mountain passes, including the Stelvio, which they drove over the day before we did, thoroughly enjoying the experience.

Fifteen days in the saddle took their toll physically and I am now having to return to my exercising regime and keeping a diary to please the cardio rehab people.  Even managed my first swim for several weeks yesterday. One consolation is that I will not offend folks by refusing the meals put in front of me,  but on the other hand the new menu at the Mercat Grill  is very nice.

World Cup woes for the men from England, so much for highly paid prima donna's doing their bit, and Mrs Rooney has surely not had the chance to unpack her eighteen suitcases -  if the FA have any sense they will ship the squad home as soon as they get their third game over with,  unless of course the palyers agree to pay their own  costs.

Had a nice run down to Ayr today on the "Steed of Steel", which was raring to go, having had a new lease of life.  I took lots of back roads, and also the deserted old A74 from Abington to Douglas, so peaceful and less hassle with no traffic.   Weather was lovely so when I finished the job I was able to return via Mauchline, Muirkirk, etc, and even saw the crowds out waiting for the Commonwealth baton to pass through Robbie Burn's country.

I even tried my luck for a cuppa at a friend's house in Mauchline, they either knew I was coming and were hiding or were at work -  my loss, their lucky day.

Wimbledon starts next week and Andy Murray will be back in action,  so obviously need to wish him luck, and with his current form, he will need it.

Lots on tomorrow, great excitement - Macmerry Gala day !!!   so I am digging out my body armour, or perhaps the Peebles Beltane festival,  where one of IPA visitors from the USA will be attending.

No comments: