Tuesday 17 June 2014

Was I ever away - does not seem like it

Back to normality once again - awake at 4.30 a.m.  but could not get on line due to a router which looks as though it may expire soon.  Too busy yesterday to do any scribbling,  but I did get all my washing done and put away, cut the lawn as it was long due to so much rain here while I was away,  but having brought the sun back with me , nae bother now.    I see there is already a threat of a hosepipe ban looming !!!  I am sure I forecast that when poor souls were under water in January/ February.

Steed of Steel, all cleaned,  polished and raring to go - so if you see a nag by that name running at Royal Ascot this week, pop a couple of quid on it each way,  might not win against the younger thoroughbreds but it will certainly be in the running.

Still troubled by back and neck, so riding side saddle is not to be recommended.

Back to my Tuesday club today, (Cardio Rehab) who will not be amused with me, two weeks in the saddle, good food and wine, have played havoc with the waistline.  AND according to Mrs. B. I have gone grey or white haired while away -  must have been the shock of riding over the Passa Di Stelvio and then the Passo Di Gavia, through the snowfield and then down a narrow road, no barriers, tight hairpins, sheer drop, etc, where a parachute on the top box would not have been out of place.

Not even getting time to watch the World Cup, although I did hear that England kind of messed things up a couple of days ago.
We had the Commonwealth Games Baton relay pass through Penicuik yesterday, stopping at both Penicuik High and Beeslack High School, before heading to Rosslyn Chapel.

Real carry on now with the insurgents in Iran / Iraq,  so much for peace in our time, proves that the Religion is still a major factor in most wars.   Just have to wait and see how long it will take before we have another major incident on home soils - so "continual vigilance" is the watchword of the day

No comments: