Saturday 16 January 2016

Still connot getit right.

Saturday am, still freezing and still fizzing after last Monday's debacle at the ERI.  This was not helped by the letter I received with a new date of 1st Feb., however, letter is unsigned, no contact number and contains the same wrong instructions which caused the appointment on 5th December t be cancelled.   Serious problems in an admin department I think.   Plans for me to attend a wedding on 6th Feb now up in the air, with possible problems over my anticipated holidays in late March looking kind of shakey also.

Usual comment about mobile phones in cars, still seeing lots of drivers using while at the wheel.  My two incidents of note this week,  lady nearly sideswiped me on the Sheriffhall roundabout as she swung from lane to lane while on the phone, and the other - despite all the adverse publicity bin lorries have received recently, Midlothian Council bin motor, heading home from Hopefield Bonnyrigg to their depot, driver blethering on the phone while his two companions looked on.  Had him on the car video camera - till it was overwritten.

Met up with my friends John and Laurie Cooke yesterday who I have not seen for thirty three years, now living in Northern Ireland they have returned to Penicuik to catch up with old friends.  Lovely to see them and all being well will meet at the Mercat Grill on Sunday.

Went into two "up market" shirt shops in George Street on Thursday, staff in one shop "blanked me" for the second time in three weeks, so I will never be back there again ( Charles Teywits) so I bought a lovely shirt from the staff in the second shop who were exceptionally pleasant (Hawes and Curtis), thanks folks.