Monday 11 January 2016

Talk about being "fair scunnered"

Well,  what can I say -  been stressed out for weeks waiting for second go at surgery in the ERI.  Missed out on  lunch and drinks yesterday as I was fasting for this morning.
Up at 3,15 am, stressed , and found things to do to keep me going till 6 a.m.,   headed into the ERI and arrived at 0700 on time and all set to go once again.
BUT after four hours, during which time I had been tagged, labelled and blood removed, I was advised that my operation was being cancelled again.  On this occasion it was because the bed I was to be allocated in the HDU was no longer available.     What can I say,  there are seriously ill folks out there, and I have already had to use the same resource in HDU following my past heart attack.
last cancellation five weeks ago was because someone made a mistake with the instructions over my medication, otherwise I would have been cut, patched up and on the mend by now.

Several years ago when they closed the old ERI to build the new one it was pointed out that the new hospital had fewer beds, and with a growing population in the Lothian health Board catchment area it was only an fool who could see what was going to happen.   Today I was not alone in having my operation cancelled.  The "front line" medical staff are marvelous , doing a great job, as best they can but with one hand tied behind their back.
No consolation for me - stressed, doing my best to keep exercising and still waiting - cannot arrange anything -  BUT do the bean counters care - NOT A TOSS.

No comments: