Wednesday 17 August 2011

Glenkinchie Distillery, a lovely lowland malt

I have spent the last three days down at the Dolphin Inn, reasonably busy and kept entertained by the many customers. Yesterday I took a run up to the most southern whisky distillery in Scotland, namely Glenkinchie, which is sited in the tiny little village of Bolton near to Pencaitland.
My association with "Kinchie" goes back many years as it was part of my Divisional beat and we occasionally dropped in for quick visit, occasional game of bowls when the green was still playable and while secretary of the Twinning Association used to take our French visitors there.
There have been big changes made since Diago incorporated the distillery into the company, a lovely new visitor reception centre, etc. I did not go into the site beyond the reception but hopefully they still have the massive working model which was sent to the Great Exhibition in Crystal Palace , London.
Certainly well worth a visit, AND I even bought a bottle of their 12 Year Old single malt whisky !!



No comments: