Thursday 31 May 2012

A day off and out on the town.

Sleepless night again, perhaps the excitement of having a day off (skiving) however, we jumped on a bus at 8.15 am and headed into town .  Jumped off at the Waverly bridge and I saw the scaffolding on the dome of the Balmoral Hotel,  the boys from Pendreichs had been busy, and I remembered that Grant (my friend @photogenix) had been there for a meeting a few weeks ago.  Reminded me of when I was based there for three weeks before one of the G5 summit meetings which took place in Edinburgh about twenty years ago.
With no breakfast inside us we decided to dine somewhere different so we popped into Hadrian's Brasserie at the Balmoral, must say we were a bit disappointed,however I will not dwell on that as it sort of put a damper on the day - the heavy rain did the rest.
Onwards and I paddled along a very quiet Princes Street, what an appalling sight - especially with as many tourists due in the City.
Made my way to Shandwick Place, where if the rain continues they will run gondolas and not trams !!!   and my friends in Jacob's  Photo shop were saying that business had not been effected as badly as they had expected - probably due to a strong customer base of enthusiasts. 
With the help of a borrowed "brolly" the size of a marquee I headed off into the downpour, much drier and happier and made for the Standing Order in George Street where "mine host" Archie was able to stop and have a bit of a blether , looking good big boy !!
Homeward on the bus, which is a bit of a mystery tour as it has been rerouted due to the tramworks in St.Andrew's Square, and found that the rain had stopped - whoopee - back into the garden again - looking forward to getting the Rose Bowl.

No comments: