Thursday 24 May 2012

The sun shineth upon the righteous


No, not off on my holiday, although I was supposed to go to London today for a meeting tomorrow, however, circumstances mean I have to be here.  This plane , was one of many, which flew over the office I was in yesterday, probably about one hundred feet of less above.
Headed to the nursery yesterday for some bedding plants, but despite the hot weather I am still conscious of the old adage " don't cast a clout till May is out" so I will wait a few days and let them harden off a bit more.  In the meantime I am joining the regiment of fence painters - fortunately the stuff is water soluble so I can return to my normal colour in a shower, great stuff "skin"
Sleepless night again last night but it meant I was up early again and headed for the Mercat bar on the steed of steel with hammer and saw to do a bit of DIY - just one of the many things on my "to do" list .   Bit scruffy however there were a very nice couple of visitors from the USA who were not put out by my manky appearance - hopefully they will accept the invitation to come to the wine lunch on the 2nd June.

NOW - great consternation - the sun is shining, but there might be rain !!!  maybe, last night there were great thunderstorms in West Lothian with some flooding and disruption,   BUT - should I keep my wellies on and risk having peely wally legs (no sun tan) -  might just experiment with self tanning cream, having sat in the dentist's chair and listened to the two "ladies" discussing the pro's and con's of said application.

I was on one of the sites I visit yesterday where some "gentleman" had decided that they should dump an old van some weeks ago to get rid of it.  The Local authority eventually tracked them down under the powers through the Civic Amenities Act and someone arrived to take it away in a  big fancy Range Rover, jump started the motor and then drove it away, flat tyres, no Road tax, etc, so lord knows where it is now!!

No comments: