Tuesday 15 May 2012

Finely honed specimens - Olympians , (not)

With the Olympics only a matter of weeks away we will be getting ready to witness the various activities of hundreds of finely honed athletes, and doubtless be inspired (mentally and physically) to emulate their actions.  Sadly, it was a bit of the opposite yesterday as I spent two and a quarter hours on the bowling green playing one of my "ties" at the club.  The only consolation was that I won, however this morning I am a physical wreck, sore back, knees, hands - lead me to the "knacker's yard" -  but the sun shone most of the time and it was very enjoyable.

Interesting day yesterday, managed to contact three of my former colleagues, (Bones, Scraggy and Sleazy) lovely hearing from them, now all retired (or about to) and either enjoying life or about to.  On a sadder note, Mike Foster, former Ch. Insp. was buried yesterday after a long illness.  I remember when Mike first joined and was posted to Bonnyrigg,  his wife was also a Policewomen and worked with me occasionally at Loanhead - my condolences to the family.

June 2nd, next wine dinner at The Mercat Bar, so a date for the diary, clashes with the Annual Provincial R.A. Bowling match at Gorebridge,  but lots of water to pass under the so called bridge before that.

Dashed perishing again this morning, no two days the same,  rain and sun, rain and snow, rain and wind -  unlike the Spanish who are apparently getting great weather with high temperatures - probably too hot and then they will suffer from  water shortages and damaged crops.

But never daunted, I will be out on the "steed of steel", shining and raring to go with new oil, engine additive, etc,  just better not fall off and spoil the illusion ( perhaps I should put the stabilisers back on in view of my many aches).

No comments: