Wednesday 13 June 2012

Happy Birthday (late as usual) Camryn and Collette

At least someone was sad that I was up and away this morning at whatever "*odforsaken time" "
Yesterday two of my other young lady friends had birthdays, Camryn and Collette;  Camryn had a wee bash with pals at Frankie and Benny's diner with friends and Collette ( a teenager now) insisted on taking the family to the Dolphin Inn -  and I just missed her as I got held up on my way there.

White van men eat your heart out,   last night i had a loan of a friends "silver" transit van - what a machine for a turbo diesel - and learned later that he had tweeked the engine a wee bit !!!  shame I do not have that for my Risley run today.   My friend Jim has visions of me doing my "Olympic torch / flame" impression in the Smart car (complete with flux capacitor) as I toodle down the M74 / M6 ,  however it will be old faithful today - gets me there and back in comfort - just in case there are some summer squalls en route.

No comments: