Tuesday 12 June 2012

Whistle blowing in the work place - or Loanhead Gala.

This photo popped up in my Electronic mail box yesterday, taken by a friend in 1969 at Loanhead Gala Day, or as the banner shows, the Children's Day.  She only found it in her glory box yesterday morning - so what a nice unusual birthday present.     In those days Policemen wore real uniforms, (note the whistle chain), and i see that I was wearing one of caps which had been "doctored" -  when they were issued they looked like penguin beaks, but we used to cut the side stitching to drop the peak  known as "slashed".
Quite appropriate with Loanhead holding their annual gala this coming weekend.

I am told that this was a good year for me,  I got engaged  -   and i must say that the people of Loanhead were very good to me, they were the good times.

No comments: