Tuesday 5 June 2012

What a night, Buckingham Palace was really rocking.

At this time of the morning, I amaze myself by achieving results on this computer, after an hours efforts, that a young child would have managed in minutes.  Once again Google and Blogger have changed the format - however, thank goodness I  sussed things out before I go into the hospital. Not sure that pain killers and computers go together.

However, despite what the philistines are saying I enjoyed the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Concert last night, totally amazing, and a remarkable window on the UK, what an advert , where else in the World can you get such a setting and with such supportive crowds.   We, probably like thousands of others applied for tickets in the random draw - just to be amongst that crowd - fantastic.  Very disappointed they never arrived in the post, but we never thought of just going and joining the crowds for the atmosphere and the fireworks, etc.   I am sure that Queen Elizabeth appreciated the efforts of the many acts, well done.
Prince Charles tribute at the end hit the spot, and it was lovely the way the crowd responded by shouting for Prince Philip who was taken to hospital - a speedy recovery -  but he should not have been out in the cold for so long on Sunday.
 Coincidentally,  on the radio news, a few minutes ago, I hear that the Prince's Trust has just received another more funding to help with its work with young people - it is now one of the most successful programmes in the country and a model used by other countries. I will never forget the many years I had on the Committee and the annual projects which I was part off - some remarkable young people, who just needed a bit of genuine support.

Two more shifts at the Dolphin Inn, then a bit of enforced R & R, need to see what I can find to write about !!!.

No comments: