Saturday 16 June 2012

War time with the WRAF or was it the WRENS

Now this is a real mind bender for me,  the first photo is of my Aunt,   Dorothy Pewther ne  Blaikie
who I presumed was in the WRENS like my mothernear the end of the war, around 1943 / 1946,  but from the photo looked like the WRAF, and I have no idea where this was taken.    Her brother Bill was certainly in the RAF as that was where he met my father.   Anyway, Dorothy later married and lived in Yarmouth, where I visited her, and was remember seeing the water marks on the wall in her hall whee the house was flooded at the exceptionally high tides.

She later had two sons, David and Michael,  the photo is of David at his passing out parade with the RAF, where he became an airframe engineer - however he sadly died at a young age and we have lost touch with the family.

No comments: