Sunday 28 April 2013

Books, Beers and a bath

Broke with tradition yesterday, so instead of staying at  The Mercat Grill and getting on with all the little jobs needing finished I headed for the hills, so to speak.  A nice sunny afternoon which is a bit of a novelty, so I thought about doing some work in the garden - nope -  found a couple of Steve Stewart's beers, got out the chair, a book (Clive Cussler's  "The Jungle") and  sat out for a while.  When it cooled down , headed indoors, with book, some more beers and soaked myself in a bath, listening to the football on the radio - which for me is unheard of.   I usually get on at Sparky Mask, master of the horizontal chill out, but there I was emulating his actions.

Several beers later,  a good nights sleep and here I am - seated once again, this time in an enforced state of relaxation whilst my internal organs gently "burbulate" following two  litres of non too unpleasant medication designed to do the same as Mr Muscle drain cleaner - all in a good cause as I have an appointment with the "Dyno Rod" man at hospital tomorrow -    too much information you might say,  but with nothing other than drain cleaner and black tea for twenty four hours, I need to keep myself distracted.

Finished the book in quick time, good job I got  two at the book sale, so that plus a pile of magazines will keep me going till normal service is resumed.

No comments: