Saturday 6 April 2013

Chocolate dream cakes at the Mercat Grill

Forget the diet, look what was on offer tonight at the Mercat Grill,    the most wonderful two cakes we have had for a while, and both produced by Mrs B. whose normal treat for the customers are the meringues and home made biscuits.   The richest of chocolate cake with pure ingredients and even gold leaf on the raspberry gateau.   Pity Go Jo is not here at the moment, her team would have been in 7th Heaven. 
What a treat working at the Grill today,  had Mr Quilletti  and the lovely Julie and family in for lunch,  great to see them again - two members of the family having a birthday on the same day.
Tonight - very busy, so it may not be long before folks need to prebook.  Next Saturday already nearly fully booked.

Kept my money in my pocket today so it was not lost on the Grand national.

As I said last night I was not sure where I would end up,  so it was to Dalkeith No 10 I went,  where the Installation was taking place of the Preceptory of St Bernard De Clairveaux , Preceptory of instruction -  superb installation, and nice to meet friends who had come down from Perth and Crieff.
The pre dinner lecture was excellent on the history of the Knights Templars, we have some superb speakers who have spent years researching the subject.
Just a pity I was going back to work so I could not stay, and a shame I was not able to get to the Squaremen at the Mither Shed.

Checking out the upside down folks and wee Jack is now one year old yesterday,  just a pity we had not made it out to the Land of Oz with William and Sandra who have just being renovating   Ayers Rock during their whistle stop tour of the biggest Island in the World.

Another day looms. 

No comments: