Monday 17 March 2014

Outwith my control

To put the record straight,  I have had four trips (three by ambulance) to the Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh, since early January, last "demob" being yesterday.

I have only praise indeed for the staff of the Scottish Ambulance Service who responded the the three 999 calls - they are very professional and I just cannot comprehend the "eejits" who abuse them when they go to their assistance.

To the staff in A & E who dealt with me on arrival, superb, very caring and working constantly under pressure.  At no time was the A & E  Dept quiet so I ended up initially on trollies in the corridor,  but being attended to.   Certainly gave me the opportunity to see the constant stream of time wasters who were being brought in, drunk, abusive, substance abuse, etc, who again were abusing valuable resources.

After one trip to CCU, I ended up in the same ward on three occasions -  again the staff were exceptional,  from the highly trained Cardio nurses to the ward assistants - and despite the fact that the hospital is always struggling to find bed space there was never an attempt made to send anyone home early.

My consultant and his staff in cardiology were very helpful and made some extremely difficult procedures appear very simple and straightforward - it is easy to see why the ERI  is a recognised Centre of excellence in the field of heart treatment.

A big thank you from myself, friends and family.

No comments: