Thursday 20 March 2014

Slowly returing to what ? Normality

Yup -  yesterday I was pottering at 1 a.m. and today on line early doors for the first time in a while. What would normally be a social whirl of Masonic and motorcycle events, has for this past couple of months evolved into a stream of varying NHS appointments !!   But being positive -  I was out at Bonnyrigg last night to the OES for the first time this year - good night and excellent attendance.  Was even joined by the wife of my friend  "Mr Peacock" inveterate traveller and member of 151.

I had in the back of mind plans to do one of my daily diddles about Tesco, but in the excitement of all that has happened have forgotten what I had planned -  but give the old grey cells time to unravel.

I do know that I am particularly perturbed by Mr McCaskill's daft proposal  about removing the need for corroboration in Scotland.  Way back in the dark ages when I had to make a choice about staying south of the Border and joining an English police force or returning North (home)  I chose home as I did not believe in the fairness of the English system. Albeit I ended up working on my own a great deal in a County Station,  but that meant you had to work hard to become involved in the local community who then supported you and became your backup and corroboration when needed.   
Perhaps Sir Steven House and his high ranking English counterparts never worked in the Community -  or alternatively, the para military type Police we appear to have on the streets these days do not integrate as well as "old style bobbies" did.
Bit in the Evening News recently that Police Scotland are getting into a right fankle with some of their proposals, shutting Police stations and moving into "Community Hubs",   and I even spotted ( what's new) that their new or upgraded Computer system, (cannot remember the budget figure) is £10 million over budget already .  Bit of Deja Vu, as this happened with the original L and B Police System which was so bad we relied on paper systems running parallel for a long time.

Missed out on a trip to the IPA meeting in Litchfield at the weekend,  but should make it to the No 1 region meeting at Auchterarder on Sunday - along with some of the No1 Region IPA Motorcycling Touring Group who are off around Germany, Italy and France in June.

No comments: