Tuesday 25 March 2014

Where can I get a Gel Pad ?

Just home after a wee run of 140 miles on the steed of steel and my rear most portion is somewhat numb.
I had a meeting in Dumfries so headed down the A701  Moffat Road on the bike,  ever so chilly over the top of the Devil's Beeftub as I went through the low cloud.

Had my bacon rolls, meeting , tour of the estate,  and even lunch before heading homewards,
although not with these fine ladies !!
   I discovered that the Moffat / Selkirk Road was closed so I had to head back on the A701.   BUT never to be outdone I decided  ( was this a wise decision)  to take the single track road through the hills past the Talla and Meggat Reservoirs. The main water supply for the City of Edinburgh.
This photograph was taken at the top of a 1:20 single track hill which was bad enough today, but is a hell of a lot worse with the snow lying.
I then reached St Mary's Loch and took a wee run along top see the statue of James Hogg, the poet, known as The Ettrick Shepherd.
Nearby, the Loch was as smooth as glass so I managed to get two nice mirror images, 

Thought I did well considering that the weather was a bit iffy.     Onwards to the Gordon Arm's Hotel, then over the hills again to Traquair, Cardronna, Peebles and home to Peniuik.   Believe it or not I only had sunshine the last ten miles from Peebles.

No comments: