Friday 8 May 2009

Not everyone appreciates




There might well be forest fires in California, but one thing is certain , nothing here will burn with the rain we have been having - our forecasters might have been wrong yesterday - and let us have a wee bit sun , but it is winter all over again today . So much for the sight of the lovely apple blossom in bloom, all gone, washed and blown away.
Busy morning in the Bar, and then I found out that the workmen were not happy about our advertising sign on their fence - and had been in saying that they found it insulting !!! Later on I bumped into two of the "bosses" out for a stroll, and no doubt well paid - asked when they would be finished - no idea, but had the cheek to say that the job was well on schedule, and that someday when the trams were running - if ever !! we would all be reaping the benefits. I pointed out that no work, other than litter picking had taken place in the past couple of weeks - next excuse was that they were sanitising pipes. So when I asked about the two idle chappies along the works, they were apparently waiting for materials to be delivered - but for how long. Big article in the news tonight which was saying how far behind the project was, we are at 73% completion - "but you cannot rush the job"!!. My sign for the fence will say " We hope we are still open when the roadworks finish". They are now on twelve hour shifts, to try and catch up - Greggs is making a mint trying to keep up with their tea breaks.
Went for another swim today , once again pool was chukka block, I think next time I will take my pet " great White !!! might clear a space.
11th Midlothian Scout Group celebrates its Centenary next month , so I eventually managed to do my memoirs for them - but too late tonight.
Mrs B and Irish Christine putting the world to rights so I am off to bed, another early rise ahead.

No comments: