Monday 25 May 2009

Scrambled thoughts of the day - plus

Monday night - kind of wabbit following a very long weekend, so much so that I nearly fell asleep on the bus home then did so after my dinner.

Of dinner - we get our steaks for the pub from Gilmour's the Butcher, and had some bought in for the house, and the two we had tonight were just superb, mouth watering - excellent.

RGB and Jo Jo made it home in one piece last night, long journey and not impressed with British Airways - went out with Quantas who were excellent, but on the way back , hasstle with BA staff and then a five hour wait at T5 London Heathrow - but nice to see them back.

Today we had a visit from Jamie Lloyd and his lady friend, so instead of heading home early I stayed and had a drink and a chat, he is doing well, teaching in Newcastle - it is her birthday tomorrow but hopefully they are going to come along for the French wine tasting Tuesday night.

Busy in the bar and one of the people recognised me , David Ostler, an ex L & B police officer who retired a few months after me - sadly I did not recognise him as he had changed so much over the years, but it was good to see him.

Watching "Britains Got Talent" for the second night, some of the acts are total rubbish (crap) and how Piers Morgan can possibly consider them to be entertaining is unbelievable - his assessment of the acts maks one wonder !!!

On the other hand, I still have to compliment Jenson Button for another F1 win at Monaco, he is just unbelievable, and is making Louis Hamilton look second rate this year.

From the Tracker I see that Dennis and Carol Ann are back in Dublin, hopefully having had a good holiday and that the dogs have not mised them too much.

Mrs B and RGB giving me grief - had enough - bed.

No comments: