Monday 16 February 2009

Home at the toot - long night.

Well back in one piece, safe and sound but tired and sore.
Headed of at 1 a.m. , lovely clear night, roads nearly deserted and made it south with nary a problem. Around 4 a.m. the world stared to wake up and as I went through the area around Junction 22 to 18 the newly awakend fruitcakes seemed to come to life. At one point there were about four cars come off the M62 onto the M6 South and passed me inconvoy all doing around 100 mph. I thought theu were using the Thelmwell Viaduct over the Manchester Ship Canal as a launch pad to the moon.

But , arrived at Runcorn about 4.30 a.m. and the nightshift security let me onto the site where I parked up, then cooried under my trusty sleeping bag and dozed off till Mrs B. awoke me with a phone call at 7.30 a.m. - Feeling ever so rough I headed to the loo and then the canteen where Dicj Turopins Sister's were opening up, so I managed to get a cuppa and a breakfast - her description " nothing much to look at but it will fill a gap " which is certainly marketing with a different slant. however, Christine, having told be a rather blue joke, announced that she is 50 years young next week and hubby is treating her to a trip to Lanzarote as a present.

Jill was ready o reception but had been caught out as I was earlier than usual, howevcer the other ladies were all on the ball , had by stuff ready and I was back heading north by 9 a.m.

Once again , it was just a case of getting up to the M55 Blackpool junction in one piece then the roads were quiet again - a few fast motoers on the way and even our friendly white van man doing just over 100 ( and that is true as I know how fast I was going).
So no problems, other than the fact that the toilet at the Carlisle filling station was once again "out of order" - so had no option but put the foot down and head for Glasgow at the double.

I saw a couple of the Virgin trains on the west coast line, one heading north , the other southbound, they are really quite majestic when going full speed and on a sweeping curve. One passed me as I was going up over the summit of Shap, and I was able to watch it for some distance as it had to slow a bit to wind through the valleys following the contours, while the motorway went straight up the middle. Gave me a bit of a hankering for a train journey.
Into Glasgow with little or no trouble, dropped off my goods and headed East on the M 8. I stopped off at Macarthur Glen , Livingston, which was chock o block, obviously due to the school holidays. Shop I wanted was "gone" closed, however I found an alternative, so 10 minutes and I was off homewards.
Stopped off at the Bush to see how the "bad boys" of Fastglass are doing - excellent, and young Ryan gave me a lift home so that he could keep the car to work on it while I am away.

The Carillion boys on the Water Board project at Mauricewood were true to their word and had the A702 Road open again as promised, probably a few hours early as the diversion signs were down at Nine Mile Burn when I passed at 1 a.m.

So now got some work to do.

2 comments:

yanmaneee said...

supreme clothing
kyrie 6
moncler coat
yeezy supply
supreme
golden goose
kyrie shoes
nike air max
supreme new york
cheap jordans

tiratoez said...

click reference y0p14r5b85 replica louis vuitton replica bags more tips here y3k18c0k20 high replica bags 7a replica bags philippines replica kipling bags gucci replica handbags u4b91k4i65 replica bags in london