Tuesday 3 February 2009

In need of a rant, again !!!!!!

Every paper has similar headlines, snow, snow, snow - right enough, and from what I see I think we were very fortunate here in Penicuik. Young lady caller told me she had 12 inches of snow while we only had about four inches, and our main roads were all clear. The jokers on the radio are having a laugh at the expense of those south of Watford Gap - and the one having the biggest laugh is my pal Dave from Ashford in Kent who is sitting on a beach in Barbados with is cool beer. he even took himself off to The Cliffe Restaurant, one of our eating places when we were there. Brings back memories of Archie and Tracey's wedding and also that of Maureen and Craig's at the same time when we stayed at the Almond Beach Resort.

On the holiday theme, two things happened today , firstly our tickets arrived from Cosmos - so it looks like we will get away on the 18th after all (cannot wait). Secondly - going back to my blogs written while at the Blue Bay Villas in Dominican - when I was always harping on about the Time Share salesmen - or "Predators" as I called them - hunting in packs and haunting the hotel guests. We have heard from our friends that they were "persuaded" to sign up for one of these so called holiday packages, which they thought sounded a good deal - however once home and having worked it out at their own pace they found that is was not such a good deal - BUT - despite everything they have said or tried they have been locked into a contract, and with a change of circumstances due to the recession they find themselves in a predicament. SO BE WARNED.

Letter writing - a couple of weeks ago I wrote to our friends at N C P regarding an incident which happened at the Morrison Street Car Park, and it looks like they they do not have a suitable pro forma reply on their computer and probably no one capable of writing a response - so I have not had one !!! Again we need to watch this space.

It was supposed to be a day off for me, however there I as in The Mercat, but with paint, No Nails, screws, drill etc in hand doing my DIY thing.

Now about to head off to Bonnyrigg for a meeting of 720 Dalhousie Bonnyrigg, where Buzz has a pal going through his 1st tonight. Might even get some photos as I have had a wee request to take some snaps.

2 comments:

maureen said...

Ah Barbados, That seems so long ago.

Hope you are well?

I am running the Womens 10k for Cancer Reaserch UK, if you would like to sponsor me you can do this online at www.runningsponsorme.org/maureenheron. Pass the word around.

Speak soon

Luv Maureen

Stuart said...

Hi Maureen , thanks for for the comment - E mail me direct please.
Stuart