Friday 24 April 2009

Edinburgh's New Town





Had a busy day today , plans all thrown into chaos by RGB Jnr, as we had to head to Bookers Cash and Carry fist thing to stock up The Mercat Bar. The worthy Manager, Michael, was on site and wide awake, so we had a bit blether to him before we left.

Into the Mewrcat, forgot to drop off everything, so I had to go back later on, down to see Eduardo our Pate expert, then out to Penicuik again via the Bush where I discovered that my earlier tirades during the week had certainly ruffled a few feathers.

Just getting set for a run to Bonnyrigg when I was called by Shzad and had to go into Grosvenor Crescent to see him, so to avoid traffic I took the motorbike, and ended up playing chicken with a whit van man who seemed to think that driving down the white line was the correct method.

Had a walk round Grosvenor VCrescewnt and di not really appreciate how beautiful some of these properties are. The one I was at was lovely , and I ended up on the roof where I took this picture of the Edinburgh Castle. Out in the rear garden , quiet, tranqil, sound of birds, and the neighbour had this lovely white tree out in bloom - no idea what it was.

Leaving in a couple of minutes for Lodge Trafalgar, Easter Road, for a meeting of the Rifle Chapter, and Alan Black getting honoroury membership. No doubt news and a photo later.

No comments: